Thursday, January 23, 2014

A little Knitting

Greetings!

   I try to be a knitter every once in awhile. I know how to knit and purl but that is about as far as it goes. I would love to learn more but I will be honest I tend to get to get frustrated because I know other hobbies better. When I make a mistake I don't know how to fix it or I pull the whole thing out! I will never forget the time I took a sock knitting course; after only doing a beginners class. I thought hey I've got this knit and purl, just smaller for a sock...right?! I get into a class where you make both pairs at the same time, not your average sock knitting! I still only have a long circular needle with two toes of socks and balls of yarn shoved in there! Ahhh the fun! Anyway I now make LOTS of scarves! It makes me laugh just thinking about those socks.
   Yesterday I received an email from one of our yarn suppliers with a link to their free patterns and saw this beautiful afghan. I just had to share it with you. The yarn that is used is by Sirdar and is called Big Softie. It is so soft and is the yarn we use for our beginners classes.



There are a great selection of colours to choose from

Here is the pattern for you to enjoy


   Remember every Thursday at The Cloth Castle ALL knitting yarn, notions and patterns are 15% off!


No comments:

Post a Comment