Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Getting ready for quilt show this weekend

Hi Everyone

   How is it possible that it is already the middle of August? Where is the summer going? Have you noticed the evenings are starting to get that little nip of fall. 
  I have been working really hard on getting my samples for my fall classes done, they are coming along great. I did take one break and made a prototype of a Christmas ball I would like to make for Christmas gifts. It turned out pretty good, there was over 100,000 stitches so it took awhile to stitch out on the machine. Hmmm... do I really want to make these as gifts? Maybe I better get the smaller size!

Free standing lace Christmas Ball. Stitched with Sulky Metallic Thread on Husqvarna Designer Ruby.
   I hope to see all the locals this weekend at the Quilt Show at The Cloth Castle. See you soon and enjoy these last few weeks of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment