Monday, July 18, 2011

A great class

Hi Everyone

    Well I hope you all had a great weekend, I sure did. I took a class at the store and had so much fun! I took the Hole in One class with Bettye Shepard, my sister and friend Cindy also came along. Poor Bettye the three of us are trouble! Bettye got us in line in no time and we were off learning a beginner project of Stack'n'Whack. Have you done Stack'nWhack before? I have never had an interest until this quilt came along, it was just 4 patch blocks but it still gives you a great kaleidoscope effect, great class and fun too. The first pic is what my fabric looked like before I cut it.

It was hard to decide which fabric I was going to use, but thought this might be OK. 



So after a lesson on repeats we started cutting and making little piles of repeating fabric.

And then we started recreating our blocks and sew them back together.
These are a few of my blocks:



All of my blocks are finished 6 1/2" squares. My friend Cindy made her blocks to be 4 1/2" finished, although we used the exact same fabric her blocks are completely different.
Aren't they so neat? 
My sister, who always beats to her own drum, used Halloween fabric. Wait till you see this, I will show her main fabric first and then some of her blocks.


Aren't they cool? Man how can one fabric give you so many cool blocks. Can you tell I loved this technique and class!
This what my quilt will eventually look like once I get the sashing on.

What my sisters quilt will look like, no sashing yet.


     If you get a chance to take this class, make sure you do. It was so much fun and Bettye is a great teacher!

    Also one quick reminder that there are only 5 more days to enter for my Slice Fabrique giveaway. It is worth over $200 so make sure you enter and tell your friends to come and visit and enter to win! Even if you are already a follower you have to leave a comment to be included in the draw.

ATTENTION bloggers in blogland let me know if you do a post this week about my draw and I'll put in extra draw ticket for you!

Good luck everyone and have a great week.

Natasha

4 comments:

  1. These are so awesome, we used to do stack n whack when it was new at the store I owned but I've only done 6 or 8 pieces. These are great with 4; I will have to check when the next class is. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!! Looked like a fun class! Can't believe your sister's blocks!! Gorgeous..and out of Halloween fabric! Love it!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that is SO awesome!! I love it!! SOooo less fidgety than stack and whack.. NEAT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, very cool and good thing those walls can't talk right. Remember, a Rogue always beats to a different drum as she should! Great job gals.

    ReplyDelete