Saturday, September 18, 2010

Friday Night Sew In

      Last night I decided to join The Friday Night Sew In group. It was a great way to work on projects, by the time I got home it was after 9pm so I didn't have a lot of time. I had to get a baby gift done for Saturday so I worked on that. I love Minkie fabric, there is a new brand put out by Shannon Fabrics called cuddle, it is so nice for baby gifts and quilt backings. I made a little stroller blanket for the baby with machine embroidery on it.




    This past week I have been working on a sample for one of my classes, Strip Tube Quilt. That was a lot of fun. If you haven't tried the strip tube ruler you should, really quick and easy. You can use Jelly Rolls for this quilt and make up top in a weekend easily.

This is what the ruler looks like, from Cozy Quilt Designs.

Sew 2 Jelly strips together and then cut a plain strip to match the width of the 2 sewn strips, should be around 4 1/2" wide.




Follow directions on ruler and cut the correct triangle.



And  open up your triangle and you have a really great 1/2 square triangle.



And here is the quilt all put together, I still have to add borders but looks pretty good!


    I better sign off it is 7am and I have to get ready for work. I have Victoria, BC's version of Friday Night Sew In...... Cloth Castle Quilt Till You Wilt tonight from 6pm -12am. I'm teaching last session of Beginners Quilting this morning, working at the store, baby shower and then Quilt Till You Wilt, busy day ahead! My beginner class, their quilts are looking really great will try to post photos!

    Have a great weekend!

Natasha

6 comments:

  1. Love the quilt, Natasha!! I need one of these rulers!! Looks pretty nifty!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is cool.... need to get one of those spiffy rules -- love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, Natasha, the quilt is so wonderful. I love what you're doing. Looks like such a neat ruler. Might have to consider one of those...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Natasha~
    Here is the Link...to how to put a button on your blog and link back to that site...
    http://sweetp-paulette.blogspot.com/2010/07/button-down-button.html
    Take care!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was such a fun class Natasha. It was easy but so effective. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete